One of the largest areas of outsourcing today is IT. Information technology is the engine room of any organization. Virtually all business aspects are controlled by information technology platform. Therefore, the IT needs of organizations are growing by the day. Sometimes, it gets so overwhelming that a company cannot manage its IT requirements alone. Outsourcing of IT is a common solution when information technology requirements of a company become overwhelming.
However, a company may decide to handle some aspects of IT in-house, while outsourcing the complex and cost-intensive areas. Generally, the most outsourced IT areas include;
- Hardware support
- Help desk operations
- Network management
- Desk top support
- Software development
Among other numerous benefits, outsourcing of IT helps commercial businesses and organizations worldwide to concentrate on their core competencies, while allowing IT experts offshore to manage their IT infrastructure affordably and effectively. A professional IT vendor would design, develop and deliver customized information technology solutions that would streamline a company’s IT functions and improve its competitive stance.
Effective Vendor IT solutions are based on these summarized techniques;
- Information collation regarding an organization’s specific business needs
- Employing the most suitable technological expertise to process and analyze the information collated.
- Alignment of a company’s business goals and objectives with 24/7 support
- General quality IT services.
Key Players in IT Outsourcing
When it comes to outsourcing of IT, especially at the offshore level, some countries are known as major market players. The reason is directly associated with the exceptional expertise of IT personnel in those countries. Today, Philippines and India are known as the key players in information technology.
Here’s a summarized list of the world’s experts (countries) in IT outsourcing and their different areas of specialization;
- The Philippines are renowned for Programming, Data Entry, R&D, Customer Support and Animation
- India – Programming, Software Development and General IT solutions
- Ukraine – Programming and R&D
- Brazil – Web and Software Programming, Network solutions
- Bolivia – Network Solutions, Web & Software Programming
- China – Data Entry, Programming, customers support
- Russia – Programming and R&D
Other key players for outsourcing of IT include Bangladesh, Bulgaria, Romania, Malaysia, Mauritius, Republic of Macedonia (known for mobile software solutions, web software and network solutions), and many others.
Indeed, it pays off well to use external expertise in managing an organization’s IT platform. This is particularly necessary when a company is lacking strong IT expertise. Besides, it is cost-effective to hire an IT vendor. Delegating such complex business function to an expert would help an organization to refocus on its core competencies – this is one of the top benefits of IT outsourcing.
Daven Michaels is an award-winning outsourcer and author of the book, ‘Outsource This!’ Daven has been honored more than any other individual or outsourcing organization. You can get more information on outsourcing by visiting www.123Employee.com